Perfume is not a new product. It can be traced back to the early Egyptians in some form. Today, perfume is available in many forms and many different fragrances. It can be worn daily, for work, or on special occasions. And, it is a popular gift for loved ones during the holidays.
Though perfume is present in almost everyone’s daily lives, whether you wear it or someone else does, there are many things people don’t know about it. Like, the difference between perfume and Eau de toilette or how to choose the right royal fragrance perfume.
How the scent is created
Three different layers called the base, top, and middle notes are the scents that make a perfume. These notes work together to create the scent.
A powerful scent, or a lighter one?
You’ve likely seen perfumes labeled as different things such as Eau de parfum or Eau de toilette. Did you know these mean different things? The name indicates the level of concentration of the perfume. The higher the concentration, the stronger the scent, and often, the more expensive the product. One such expensive perfume is creed aventus eau de Parfum.
Here are the different perfume concentration levels:
- Parfum or perfume. It is the most potent scent and will usually last the longest.
- Eau de parfum. Perfumes labeled with this name have the second-highest concentration of scents.
- Eau de toilette. This type of perfume has the lowest concentration and puts off a lighter fragrance.
How to wear your perfume
Everyone has experienced it, the smell of someone who put on too much perfume. Often, people tend to spray a lot of it into the air or around themselves to apply. It can lead to too much scent for you and those around you.
Instead, apply perfume to your pulse points such as your neck, wrists, and inner elbows. Remember, a little bit often goes a long way, so go easy on the spray. You also don’t need to dab once you apply the perfume, as this can dampen its scent.
Tips for choosing the right scent
Now that you know more about perfumes, it’s time to find your perfect scent. Online retailers and fragrance counters can have more options than you ever imagined. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right perfume:
- Decide what type of fragrance you want. There are different categories of perfume fragrances, including citrus-scented perfumes, fresh, and warm scents such as vanilla. Decide which type (from previous experience or personal preference) you prefer. This (along with knowing your budget) is a quick way to narrow down your options quickly.
- Test it out. Test strips are often available in stores, and many online retailers, like royal fragrance perfume, will send you a sample to try on before you open the product, giving you a chance to return it if you don’t like it. Make sure you only try one at a time, and if you are in the store, leave it to get the full effect of your chosen fragrance.
- Wear it for a while. It can be tempting to make a snap decision with one sniff. However, when you put on perfume, you are committing to it for an entire day. Take some time to test it out by going about your daily activates with the sample. It will help you determine if this is the right fragrance for you.