Need a little midweek boost of motivation?
The right motivational quote might be a great way to give your mind a jumpstart.
One awesome way to do that is to read famous quotes about motivation.
Here’s 20 motivational quotes that’ll give you the inspiration you need to make it through your week.
20 Motivational Quotes
1. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde
Often we don’t feel motivated simply because we aren’t living up to an ideal in our heads. Ask yourself: what is that ideal? And what could you gain from simply being yourself always?
2. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
― Audrey Hepburn
A nice reminder that both you and your dreams are achievable. Start with the smallest thing and grow.
3. “Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.”
― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief
It’s easy to get stuck in the rat race of constantly achieving new heights. But it’s equally important to remember that each of us has our own inner wisdom.
Instead of submitting that next mountain, sometimes it pays off to simply listen.
4. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
Each of us has our own moral compass. That voice inside of us guides us to be who we are.
It’s a stark—but good—reminder that no matter what we do, others won’t fully understand. Live your own authentic life and make choices that feel right to you.
5. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
― Albert Einstein
Life is a miracle. Enough said.
6. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
― Bill Keane
Inspirational quotes like this can be perceived how you choose: secular or not. The important thing is to remember that today is the best opportunity you have to change your life.
7. “Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or half their greatness goes unnoticed. It is all part of the fairy tale.”
― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn
A friendly reminder that the hardest parts of your journey often pay dividends and help tell your story the best. There is no such thing as an interesting hero that hasn’t faced adversity.
8. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
― Maya Angelou
We’re easily duped into thinking pain comes from external things. The truth is that it hurts most when we aren’t ourselves and when we don’t live up to our potential.
Looking for more motivational quotes for women? Check out these Laurie Hernandez quotes.
9. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
One of the most classic motivational quotes. Make sure the tendency to read it as a cliche is dismissed and try to take the words in fresh.
10. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.”
― Roy T. Bennett
Do you know who you are at your core? What you stand for and what you don’t?
Motivation lies at the bottom of the well that exists inside of you.
11. “Stop comparing yourself to other people, just choose to be happy and live your own life.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Social media makes it hard to focus on ourselves. We always want to see what are neighbors are doing or achieving. Focus on you and your own happiness.
12. “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.”
Patience is a key to success. Today you might not feel like you’re moving any closer. But getting your reward for your work too fast is actually the worst thing that can happen.
13. “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
A reminder on self-esteem and self-efficacy. How you show up in the world is important for inspiration.
14. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
― George Bernard Shaw
Each of us has the power inside to create a living masterpiece of our lives. Our character and strengths is something only we can determine.
15. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston S. Churchill
Subtext: quitting is the only way you fail. Stay on the path.
16. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”
― Lewis Carroll
We get stuck in our own thinking patterns. But every day we grow and become something new, something more. Who are you and what do you need to let go of from the past?
17. “Do what you love, love what you do, and with all your heart give yourself to it.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
At the end of the day, it’s all about love. Give yourself to your passions.
18. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
We feel motivated by pursuing our soul’s calling. Allow what feels right to come to the surface and listen to the wisdom.
19. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Each of us is an infinite well of love, perseverance and joy. Find out who you are and share that gift with the world.
20. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
The quality of your actions, not the quantity, determines how happy and fulfilled you are.
Motivational Quotes To Achieve Your Goals
We know you can build the live you want with these motivational quotes!
For more inspiring content, keep reading around our blog.